What is Hope Connects?
With the support of the Capital One Community Fund and M & T Bank, Hope offers a tenant services program known as Hope Connects. Hope Connects is designed to assist new tenants of Hope managed properties to settle in to their surroundings and gain access to the programs offered by Hope and its community service partners. Hope Connects is designed to benefit all tenants, assessing their individual needs and referring them to programs that can offer assistance with health, education, and skills training, as well as improving communication with Hope.
Two Shades of Green
Hope is proud to announce the beginning of the Two Shades of Green (TSG) program, in collaboration with the Local Initiatives Support Corporation and the New York Department of Health, with funding from State Farm Insurance.
Two Shades of Green is a program designed to improve the health of New York City residents while also helping the environment. As a first step in this project, Hope Community will begin implementing the following changes to selected building(s):
- Energy and Water Conservation
- Green Cleaning
- Safe Pest Control
- No-Smoking Policies
If you're interested in having the Two Shades of Green (TSG) program in your building please contact 212-860-8821, Ext. 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope Community encourages the creation of Tenant Associations in all Hope buildings. If you are interested in creating a tenant association, please contact the Tenant Coordinator, Ext. 123
Tenants Rights and Responsibilities
Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Fair Housing Act)
- Rights and responsibilities of residents of federally assisted housing
- Rights of displaced tenants
- Fair housing information
- Complaints about landlords subsidized by HUD
- Rats. Let's Stop Them! What You and Your Neighbors Can Do
- Rats. Let's Stop Them! Rat Control Guidelines for Property Owners and Superintendents
- Don't Be a Rat Feeder, Be a Rat Buster
- How to Control Pests Safely: Getting Rid of Roaches and Mice, a Healthy Homes Guide